What types of plastering will i learn?
This 5 day plastering training course has been recognised by Advanced Damp Ltd as a comprehensive introduction to plastering so upon successful completion of this course you will receive our very own Plastering certificate and have an opportunity to gain work experience with our team if desired.
During this 5 day plastering course you will learn:
- Health & Safety and PPE
- To cut and fix plaster board to walls and ceilings
- To tape standard and internal joints
- To cut and fix angle beads around windows and reveals
- To prepare surfaces before plastering using bonding plaster and finishing plaster, ensuring a flat finished surface ready for decorating
- To mix plastering materials
- To skim walls
- To skim ceilings
- To apply PVA adhesive Uni-bond to existing surfaces.
- Rendering walls
How will i learn?
The fundamentals of plastering will be taught in a practical environment. Our plastering training course for beginners is completely hands-on and based under the guidance of our plastering tutors who will ensure that you finish your training course with the confidence to tackle your required plastering jobs.
- Cut and fix plasterboard to ceilings and walls
- Skim ceiling using the six stages dry, wet, wet, dry
- Complete any boarding left from day 1
- Cut and fix beads to pier, then square off reveals and rule off face with bonding plaster
- Prepare 2 walls to apply skimming
- Prepare pier before skimming to a finish.
- Skim back studded wall and 2 remaining reveals
- Run through render materials from screeds using dots, then apply scratch coat before filling out to screeds using feather edge to rule off creating a flush surface to the preformed screeds
- PVA ceilings and re skim
- PVA and re skim walls.
- Rub render to a plain face finish complete all works.
- Discuss works carried out during week onepra
All work tools and plaster materials will be supplied for you during the training course.
This Assured Introductory Plastering course is also available at weekends. 2 consecutive weekends will be allocated to complete the course. The content differs slightly as the area that you will be working in is already boarded out for you to compensate for the day that is lost.
This plastering course for beginners can be quite a messy course, especially when your are new to plastering. Please bring suitable clothing and for your own safety, steel capped footwear is essential.
Call us today for more information on 07562719091
The leading plastering training course for beginners near me
Frequently asked questions
Where is the training course?
All of our courses take place at our dedicated training centre in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. The centre is easily accessible by road, being just 10 minutes from the A41. We are only a short walk from Aylesbury train station which is served by frequent trains taking 45 minutes from central London.
What is the duration and cost?
The cost for this certificated Introduction to Plastering course is £490.00 excluding VAT. A £150.00 deposit will secure a booking and the balance can be paid on the start date.
Request a call back from our plastering tutor
Get in touch
Have any questions?
Mon-Fri, 9am until 6pm